Texas-style Health Care Reform covers all the bases with a smart, balanced and pragmatic approach to:
- Cover everyone
- Build Personal Accountability
- Consolidate Program Funding
- Transform the Provider Payment Policy.
Details of implementing this plan continue to be shaped by the unfolding conversation. Specific examples of putting a New, Healthy Texas into action could include:
- Transition Medicaid, CHIP, county indigent care programs and the ACA’s Exchange into one integrated program, an expanded Healthy Texas.
- Healthy Texas: a marketplace available to all legal residents under 400% of FPL, with same core benefits but varying levels of cost-sharing/subsidy
- Healthy Texas benefits based on Texas-specific Core Health Benefits
- Utilize existing Texas licensed managed care organizations (MCOs) – infrastructure already in place
- Keep Texas families together by enrolling parents of current Medicaid/CHIP children in the same benefit plan
- Draw down additional federal funds available for Medicaid expansion, Basic Health Option and individual subsidies in ACA
- Cover 3 – 4 million uninsured Texans without increasing State and local tax burden